How are you going to begin automating a screwdriving or different fastening job? On this fast information for meeting automation inexperienced persons, we shine the highlight on fastening.
Your meeting course of seemingly has a whole lot of totally different operations. Gluing, nailing, riveting, and plenty of extra.
Of all of the duties that you simply would possibly carry out, screw fastening might be probably the most ubiquitous within the manufacturing business. Even with the large advances in meeting know-how during the last 60 years or extra, screw fastening has remained one of the vital well-liked meeting operations.
This ubiquitousness makes screw fastening an enormous alternative for robotic automation. For those who can automate your screwdriving duties, you may instantly begin to optimize a major a part of your meeting course of.
With the precise method, screw meeting automation would not must be advanced. In actual fact, it may be very simple.
Here is our highlight on screw meeting automation.
What’s screw meeting automation?
Screw meeting automation is the appliance of robots or different automated machines to screw fastening operations. An automatic machine — fitted with a particular screwdriving device — transports screw fasteners to the workpiece. It then applies a managed torque to drive the fasteners into the workpiece.
In addition to robots, there’s a vary of various choices for screw meeting automation. These vary from easy, semi-automated options to utterly automated manufacturing traces.
Primary forms of meeting automation
The 3 primary forms of screw meeting automation you would possibly discover are:
- Absolutely automated — This standard sort of automation is utilized in low-mix, high-volume manufacturing environments. All the meeting course of is commonly automated, with fastening being only one step. Robots could be used or one other sort of meeting machine.
- Semi-automated — Right here, human staff are nonetheless performing the key a part of the fastening job. Nonetheless, they’re aided by semi-automated machines, resembling automated screw dispensers.
- Versatile automation — Collaborative robotic screw automation comes below this class. The robotic turns into a versatile device alongside human staff, however your complete fastening job is carried out by the robotic.
Tips on how to inform in case you’re prepared for screwdriving automation
You would possibly surprise in case you’re prepared to use meeting automation to your course of.
We discover that some producers resist including meeting automation as a result of they’re uncertain if their meeting course of is appropriate. However in case you aren’t already utilizing some form of meeting automation, it is extremely seemingly that you’re prepared.
“Automation is and must be an meeting prerequisite, fairly than an enhancement of a conventional observe. Some industries succeed at this. Nonetheless, in lots of industries, automation is an afterthought.”
Some indicators that you’re prepared for screw fastening automation embody:
- You have got a screwdriving job that takes a whole lot of time.
- Employees in your line complain about that exact job.
- Consistency and high quality of the fastening job are low or dropping.
- Screw fastening is changing into a bottleneck for the remainder of your meeting line.
In case you are seeing such indicators — otherwise you simply really feel like meeting automation is the best way to go — you might be able to get began.
What it’s worthwhile to know to automate a fastening job
The trail to success with any meeting automation is to get the precise information and knowledge upfront.
We have now a whole lot of nice sources round screwdriving right here on the Robotiq weblog that you should use to get a head begin.
In addition to studying extra about screwdriving automation, you also needs to begin to ask questions on your particular fastening job.
Good inquiries to ask your self and your crew embody:
- What sort of meeting automation most closely fits our wants? Robotic meeting or one other sort?
- How rapidly do we have to deploy the automated system?
- What sources do we have now out there to commit to the deployment? This consists of time, bodily house in our meeting line, funds, and vitality.
- Which particular screw fastening duties does it take advantage of sense for us to automate first?
- Are our duties appropriate for automation?
- How a lot automation experience do we have now in-house? And the way a lot can we must be profitable?
Possible, you will not have all of the solutions to those questions prepared but. Consider this as the beginning of the method of automating.
Start by asking these questions. As you collect the solutions, different facets will begin to click on into place.
Turnkey meeting automation: Must you purchase an off-the-shelf package?
You can find numerous options in the marketplace for automating screw fastening duties. Solely a few of them will probably be appropriate in your particular wants.
One key query to ask your self when you’re contemplating robotics is whether or not you need to go together with the DIY method, a bespoke answer from an integrator, or buy an utility package.
Software kits, just like the Robotiq Screwdriving Resolution, include every thing it’s worthwhile to get your screw fastening robotic working. You need not spend any time purchasing round for robotic equipment or worrying whether or not the elements you purchase will probably be suitable.
For many inexperienced persons to robotic automation, there are big advantages to selecting an off-the-shelf utility package. It removes the uncertainty that always surrounds robotic automation and permits you to obtain a return on funding rapidly and simply.
Getting began along with your first fastening mission
What’s your first step to begin your screw fastening automation mission?
A very good place to begin is to have a look at our screwdriving utility web page. This exhibits examples of individuals in related conditions to you who’ve efficiently deployed screw fastening robots to their meeting traces. It additionally consists of our interactive configurator the place you may design your utility package in your particular setup.
You may also like our free eBook Tips on how to Automate a Screwdriving Cell.
Deploying your first screw fastening robotic can look like a frightening job at first. However with the precise info and a bit of serving to hand, you may rapidly see the advantages of any such meeting automation.